Forum home Problem solving

Sideways Photos

B3B3 Posts: 21,845
Can we do anything about it ourselves or is it a job for the techies?
In London. Keen but lazy.

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 3,687
    edited March 2021
    What I find can work for sideways photos from others’ postings is to click on the photo and copy it into my iPad photo folder. I then bring up the photo, click edit, rotate it so it is the right way up and then click save. I can then go back to the thread to make my post and add the photo to my comment, this time it is the right way up.

I have yet to try this for my own photos i.e. upload the photo which will be posted sideways. Click on the photo and copy it, rotate it, save it and then repost it, hopefully then not sideways. The original photo can then be deleted. It is a faff but I hate looking at sideways photos.
    edited March 2021
    Experiment in progress.

1. A photo taken two minutes ago of the garden

2. I am now going to copy this photo and use the edit button to rotate it. Hmm. Won’t let me copy while it is ‘active’ so I’ll post it.

3. Back again. I have now copied it, rotated it ... and, drum roll please ...

Success!

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,761
    Am so glad I'm not the one
  • B3B3 Posts: 21,845
    Can't find the drum . Have a blast of one of these instead.🎺📯
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 5,720
    I can manage a small 'whoop', just to join in.
    So it's not down to file size, then?
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first” 
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,169
    edited March 2021

Bear with me, I’m learning a new skill 🤣
    The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page  - St Augustine
    Beat you to it, Chicky

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,169

I’ve failed 🥲 .  I can copy the picture, and paste it, but it doesn’t appear in my photos folder for me to edit - am I missing a crucial step?
    The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page  - St Augustine
    All I can help with is conducting the process on an iPad. I click on the photo and choose ‘save image’ not ‘copy’.
  • pitter-patterpitter-patter Posts: 1,856
    I find that if I edit any photo even the slightest bit, they will upload the right way up. I don’t need to copy it first. You can either crop it a bit, chance the brightness etc, save and then upload.