Forum home The potting shed

Sweet pea outgrowing their pot

My sweet pea have grown in my cold frame since October and have grown well.
I have pinched them a couple of times but they are getting leggy and although in deep pots showing roots. I can’t sew them outside yet so should I repot ?
thank you

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,736
    Can we have a picture, have you got them in root trainers. I grew mine in October, have now started hardening them off, ready to plant out, They hate having their roots, disturbed, which is why they are grown in deep pots, so I wouldn't think of potting them on

• Sorry wasn’t sure how to add them so pictures a bit on the large side 😳
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,491
    If they've been in a cold frame all winter they should be fine to be planted out now ... is there something holding you up ... not nagging, ;)  but if you can plant them out now they'll romp away as the ground is warming up  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thank you Dovefromabove. I have never tried growing them in the Autumn so just a bit unsure.
    edited March 2021
    They'll be fine  .... they look lovely strong plants :D
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thank you. I will plant them today...stay safe 
    Thank you ... and you  :)

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 11,364
    I agree, time to be planted out. My Autumn sown plants will be going out as soon as I get round to it.
    He calls her the chocolate girl
    Cause he thinks she melts when he touches her
    She knows she's the chocolate girl
    Cause she's broken up and swallowed
    And wrapped in bits of silver
  • Thank you punkdoc..exciting times 👍