Forum home Garden design

I have a triangular bed I want to plant up, what to plant

Hello
i have a triangular bed that is medium sized with a Trachicarpus Fortunei in the far corner.  What other plants and grasses would be good for a cottage garden kinda mixed with prairie style that bees and butterflies would like but not exclusively.  I have a hot lips and a small weeping acer already there.  It’s 360cm long both sides.

• Well, as you already have some slightly tropical-looking plants, why not expand on that? You could pop in Libertia 'Goldfingers', Rudbeckia 'Goldsturm', Verbena bonariensis, some red-foliaged things like Heucheras for low-down interest, a cluster of Festuca 'Amigold'. A reddish Phormium would work well with the sage--there are some lovely forms like 'Sundowner'--or a Cordyline. If your soil is light then things like Coreopsis and Helenium would work with this and would be butterfly magnets.
  • Well, as you already have some slightly tropical-looking plants, why not expand on that? You could pop in Libertia 'Goldfingers', Rudbeckia 'Goldsturm', Verbena bonariensis, some red-foliaged things like Heucheras for low-down interest, a cluster of Festuca 'Amigold'. A reddish Phormium would work well with the sage--there are some lovely forms like 'Sundowner'--or a Cordyline. If your soil is light then things like Coreopsis and Helenium would work with this and would be butterfly magnets.
    Thank you, some great suggestions 
  • Anymore suggestions gratefully welcomed.
  • delskidelski Posts: 274
    scabiosa 'butterfly blue'.