Forum home Plants

Cordyline

Please some one give me advice  on my cordyline  australi its about 10 ft and dont whant to lose him , but he looks unhappy his leafs at the top is now going yellow bronze colour , I've took the dead leaves off him what I can , cause he soo tall , can anyone tell me is he drying  I have fed him with fish blood food and getting a gd verterlsier  , dont whant to lose him 😢 

• bertrand-mabelbertrand-mabel Posts: 2,670
    It does look unhappy. I looked at ours this afternoon and all the leaves are a good green colour.
    We did have issues with it some years ago and it was transplanted into another area of the garden.
    Previously it had been in a more damp and shaded area and since being moved it is in a good drainage area with sun and loving it.
    Could this be your problem?
  • justflowersjustflowers Posts: 143
    I have had this happen with mine - but the good news is that, although the original did die, two new ones sprouted from the root.  Another time, hurricane winds blew it over, but, again, it came back from the root.  It's been in the same spot now for more than 20 years and still looks great - I've never fed it - it basically goes ignored.  Good luck with yours - don't dig it out if it looks dead - hopefully it will come back!