Forum home Plants

Species Identification Please (think is a Canna)

In late 2019 we enjoyed a holiday in Spain prior to pandemic. Had this plant on our balancing for a little colour. I think is a called canna lily, can anybody tell me the specific variety please? I’d love one for our garden this year.

• LoxleyLoxley NottinghamPosts: 4,961
    It is a Canna, no idea what variety but looks similar to the types you most often see at the GC in early summer. It doesn't look dissimilar to 'Alberich'

Canna Sale Catalogue (hartcanna.co.uk)
  • Loxley said:
    It is a Canna, no idea what variety but looks similar to the types you most often see at the GC in early summer. It doesn't look dissimilar to 'Alberich'

Canna Sale Catalogue (hartcanna.co.uk)
    Sorry late reply! Thank you Loxley. I’ll try and send some more photos later in the summer when the flowers return 🙂
  • Plant it in a bigger container, feed and water generously, and it will flower for a long time. I have no room to store these overwinter so can't grow them now, but they are lovely. Check out the 'Canova' series, which are various kinds of pink. 
  • Plant it in a bigger container, feed and water generously, and it will flower for a long time. I have no room to store these overwinter so can't grow them now, but they are lovely. Check out the 'Canova' series, which are various kinds of pink. 
    Thanks Cambridgerose12, planning to upsize the container very, very soon. Have given a good feed and water 🙂