Forum home The potting shed

The Beechgrove Garden

• Yes I loved the filo pastry tree too @Obelixx , I would never have the nerve to cut that much off a tree like he did those two.😮

I suspect he may have had little option in the case of the filo pastry tree. 
    Nice to have Beechgrove back. It throws out the occassional naff episode as does GW but it's a pleasurable way to spend half n hour.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,543
    I did see the beginning,  but I have to watch the rest to see what they have done. 
    AB Still learning

• coccinellacoccinella LuxembourgPosts: 140
    Last night's Beechgrove: Half hour of pure joy as far as I am concerned. Great! 
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,543
    I await the repeat on Sunday. 
    AB Still learning

• KT53KT53 Posts: 5,956
    Beechgrove shows far more actual gardening in 30 minutes than GW does in an hour.
  • Chris-P-BaconChris-P-Bacon Posts: 525
    edited April 2021
    A bit soporific for me. Normally enjoy it but I supoose you can't hit the bullseye everytime.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,680
    I enjoyed it, it has such practical advice. 
    I envied that young lady her new job at Culzean. What a beautiful place to work.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,971
    Enjoyed it.  30 minutes well spent.

Good practical advice for the most part.   Well done that girl getting a dream job after taking Carole's advice and getting qualifications.   Looking forward to seeing more of that garden and also more of Mairi, the Beechgrove head gardener, as she grows into her new role.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,956
    I have always enjoyed Beechgrove but I'm not so keen on the seemingly Blue Peter inspired segments which have appeared over the past couple of series.  For example garland making and the green roof for a bird house.
  • hatty123hatty123 West YorkshirePosts: 106
    Watched beechgrove last night and I was disappointed that for the peat-free compost trial they're doing on their potatoes, they seemed to choose very expensive compost! No one's going to buy peat-free for their potatoes if they think it's 30p per litre. That'd cost £15 per potato bag, might as well go to the shops for my tatties! I buy peat-free whenever I can, max 13p per litre but even then I consider that on the expensive side. Or am I too cheap? 🤔