Forum home The potting shed

DON'T DO IT!😩

1333435363739»

• didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 1,202
    My OH does his fair share of the washing and even remembers to get it out of the machine when I put a load in and forget about it. He does the ironing too!  But he still will still throw in the odd woollen (even though they never go in the washing bin) and will overlap things with other things to dry.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,904
    Don't pay stupid prices for things just because it's labelled as organic or environmentally friendly.  We've just come back from a rather up-market garden centre where we saw a pack of 10 oversized lolly sticks for plant labels at £4.50 (they were tied togeth with twine),  3 slate plant labels about 3" x 1 1/2" also stuck to lolly sticks at £15, and a bag of hedgehog food for £7.  Food for other creatures at similar prices is also available.
  • tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,558
    @KT53   I use bits of broken slate and tiles as my plant markers.  Didn't realise I was so "upmarket".  Mine aren't on lolly sticks though - oh!
    A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,541
    I use real lolly sticks sometimes. They rot *really* quickly, so I'd be miffed if I'd paid for them.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero