Forum home Garden design

Help - advice to cover wall

I don’t have a clue about gardens and plants but once in happy to care and tender them. I have a big ugly wall at the end of my garden which isn’t mine. Originally it had ivy growing in it but the neighbours at the back were always complaining. I would be most grateful on advice on what I can do to cover up this wall. Keep reading advice but would love your ideas. It’s is a very sunny spot and the patio is quite new so want to make most of the space! Look forward to hearing with suggestions 

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 10,493
    I would erect realising first to hide the wall, then grow a viticella clematis in front (not a Montana) or a small climbing rose.
  • K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 2,507
    I think @Lizzie27 means trellising but if the walls not yours you should ask owners permission first.
  • delskidelski Posts: 274
    @eturner3hrF9tgp It looks like you have space in the soil to put some posts in? So concrete your own posts in and then fit trellis between it and then you can grow whatever you want without your moany neighbours complaining. Beware of anything with aerial roots though - even if you grow it up your trellis then it might, in time, attach itself to your neighbour's wall and then you've got more trouble.