Forum home Plants

Shrub ID please

herbaceousherbaceous Posts: 2,318
My NDN keeps asking me what her flowers are called and, as ever, I haven't a clue.  I did think this might be Daphne odorata?

I have to get one right at some point but worried this might not be that point  :/

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett

• K67K67 Posts: 2,507
    I would have said Daphne providing it is scented.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 14,942
    It is.
    How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • herbaceousherbaceous Posts: 2,318
    edited February 2021
    Yay, I got one right!  Such a happy bunny, thank you @punkdoc and @k67 very much and yes it smells gorgeous

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • Looks just like my Daphne odora aureomarginata
  • chickychicky Posts: 10,402
    Definitely a Daphne (gorgeous) - and @rachelQrtJHBjb is right, the very thin yellow leaf margins makes it an aureomarginata.  Love them 💕
  • punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 14,942
    Mine has been severely frost damaged this winter.
    How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • herbaceousherbaceous Posts: 2,318
    That is such a shame @punkdoc as you can see the one next door is looking lovely.

My neighbour chopped a bit off for me to take the picture and the smell is gorgeous, do you think I could root the piece?  Are they easy to root? It would be lovely to have a few more flowers around at this time of year.

Still trying to 'get into' flowers so I'm up for any freebies as I can regret their demise but not the cost  :D