Forum home Garden design

Garden layout

Good evening everyone, hoping someone could help me on this situation. We are looking to purchase plot 12, the corner plot but my main concern is the garden and how much sunlight it will receive? The garden is 12.1x8.9m. We won’t be growing any plants ect. Only going to be used for the summer mainly. 

Thanks In advance 

Garden layout 4 votes

Some sunlight?
50%
LoxleyMolamola 2 votes
No sunlight?
0%
Majority of sunlight?
25%
punkdoc 1 vote
Would you buy it?
25%
lisamariecqs 1 vote

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,305
    If I had oprions, I'd not buy a house where the cars had to park one in front of the other
    Devon.
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 4,601
    I agree that could be a stressful situation. If you want a garden to sit in all summer then I would think sunshine is important? 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,137
    I wouldn’t buy it because of the turning place right by the side.
    also wouldn’t  like the garden all around the house, I would rather a house with a small frontage and bigger at the back.  I hate tending my front garden.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 2,507
    edited February 2021
    Deletec
  • Thanks for the comments but that drawing might be off putting with the pen line. Apologies. It’s the house that’s facing SE
  • Butterfly66Butterfly66 BirminghamPosts: 766
    The front garden faces south east but the rear garden is north-west facing if I’m reading the plan correctly? If you like to sit in the sun during the summer, you may find that your season is quite short as the house will cast shade over any patio by the house and into the garden.
     If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.”—Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Yes that’s right with the NW garden. I think we are going ahead with it. We’re a young couple who are looking for just some sun in the summer really, for bbq’s ect so wouldn’t use it for much more than that. When the suns higher hopefully the house wouldn’t be blocking it as much. 
  • FireFire North LondonPosts: 17,116
    Your front garden will get most of the sun. It looks like your gardens front and back will be quite over-looked, if that matters to you.

"I'd not buy a house where the cars had to park one in front of the other"

@Hostafan1 - does that mean you wouldn't choose street parking and would want a driveway?

It looks to be a new build, so be aware that the quality of the soil can be pretty terrible, if you do ever choose to plant up.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,305
    Fire said:

"I'd not buy a house where the cars had to park one in front of the other"

@Hostafan1 - does that mean you wouldn't choose street parking and would want a driveway?

Correct. 
     I DID say " if I had options" which is perhaps the most relevant. 
    Devon.
  • FireFire North LondonPosts: 17,116
    I was just checking if that's what you meant, Hosta.