Forum home Plants

The joys of Spring

TeTe Posts: 193
The latter part of last year we spent a couple of days planting our daffodil bulbs we had purchased, in total we purchased over a thousand bulbs to plant in and around ours gardens, it took us a couple of days but we persevered until all our bulbs were happily planted in their own individual holes, over the past week we have certainly noticed more and more that have begun to open up.

"There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true"

• TeTe Posts: 193
    edited 13 February
    As below every bulb had there own hole made to the required depth then filled in with John Innes No3
    "There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true"
    edited 13 February
  • This is a huge amount of work—well done you! It’ll look amazing this spring. 
    This is a huge amount of work—well done you! It’ll look amazing this spring. 
    Thanks @Cambridgerose12 , Yes it certainly took a good few days to complete but wearing of the knee pads was a life saver, obviously I would hope the bulbs eventually multiply over the years giving a bigger and better show each year
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 3,257
    That will look lovely you must have a huge garden to allocate so much space to just daffodils. Lucky you! 
    debs64 said:
    That will look lovely you must have a huge garden to allocate so much space to just daffodils. Lucky you! 
    Thank you @debs64, yes we have two plots here, and one up further north which is slightly smaller
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 3,257
    Three gardens!! How lovely 
  • PurpleRosePurpleRose North YorkshirePosts: 523
    Daffodils are one of my favourite flowers. So bright, vibrant and cheerful after a long winter. I hope all your hard work pays off and you get a good show of flowers.
    Daffodils are one of my favourite flowers. So bright, vibrant and cheerful after a long winter. I hope all your hard work pays off and you get a good show of flowers.

@PurpleRose thank you 
  • K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 2,254
    Really lovely, hope you can post a photo later. I am very envious as I have lost the few daffs I had to narcissus bulb fly and I am uncertain whether to put more in this year.