Forum home Fruit & veg

Cucumber Seeds - Greenfit F1

KiliKili Posts: 1,119
Hi all, approaching that time where we get our seeds sorted. Can anyone advise if they have grown Cucumber - Greenfit F1 and what where their results. Is this a good one to go for.

Failing that any recommendations for a greenhouse all female cucumber please.

Many thanks

Stay safe out there.

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• herbaceousherbaceous Posts: 2,318
    Tried a few varieties Kili and settled on Passandra in the greenhouse and Marketmore outside.  Passandra is a smaller cuke which suits me as I'm on my own but they crop well and I always end up with galloons of cucumber soup  :D 
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • I've not tried that one but have had good results with 'Telegraph improved' F1 and Telepathy F1 (similar, a bit earlier.)
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • KiliKili Posts: 1,119
    Thanks herbaceous and Bob. I'll have a look at those two.

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• PerkiPerki Posts: 2,454
    edited February 2021
    I've tried a few over the last few years - Luxury F1 - Carmen F1 and Mini munch F1 , Luxury and Carmen were poor croppers for me mini munch was ok which I think I will try again this year . I bought some seed the other day from premier seeds ( cheap good quality ) I am going back to my old trusted cucumber Passandra best cucumber I've grown before , easily get 15-20+ cucumbers off passandra .  I got less than 5 on carmen / luxury .
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 Posts: 1,813
    plant pictureplant picturePoona Kheera (Lime green, then Orange)
    This new cucumber from India is very good, and more than a little different from any others we have ever seen.

https://www.realseeds.co.uk/cucumbers.html

This season will be my 3rd with Poona and I saved their seeds.

You need to make a small supporting trellis.

Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.
  • Cucumber Mini Star is excellent and very east to grow.  Small and tasty.