Forum home Garden design

Best place for cheap plastic greenhouse?

ManderMander GatesheadPosts: 334
I'm sure last year I saw somewhere that was selling a small but still (barely) walk-in size plastic greenhouse for £12. It would be the ideal size to put in an awkward spot along the back wall of the house, where we get the best light. But of course it was out of stock when I saw it last year and I can't find it now! I thought it might have been Wilko but I don't see the one I was after. Perhaps I just need to wait a bit longer.

What's your favourite place for this kind of thing? I am a bit limited to places that deliver or happen to be nearby, as I do everything on foot these days. Eventually I'd like to get a proper greenhouse but that is going to have to wait for a few years, alas.

• BiljeBilje Posts: 725
    I have bought the smaller one from Wilko a few years ago say 3. It's still going strong.
    last year I bought a slightly larger one, maybe 3 feet wide, with more robust plastic covering from ALDI . It too has stood strong. I have to say both are lassoed to a wall or fence. They're used just to keep plants dry over the winter and for seedlings cuttings etc in the Spring/Summer. I think the ALDI one was £25, I had it delivered. 
    Its probably slightly early for either place to be selling them.
  • LoxleyLoxley NottinghamPosts: 4,972
    BM have them in stock now. I haven't owned one but I would have thought backed up into a corner against a wall or shed, facing south west, would be good if you want to maximise warmth and sunlight (and minimise it flying away in the wind).
  • My allotment plot apparently....

Private joke, I had one stolen from me a few weeks ago 😉
  • ManderMander GatesheadPosts: 334
    Loxley said:
    BM have them in stock now. I haven't owned one but I would have thought backed up into a corner against a wall or shed, facing south west, would be good if you want to maximise warmth and sunlight (and minimise it flying away in the wind).

I have one of the kind with four tiers that has so far survived for 12 years, although it's getting rather tattered. It has been up against the back wall and weighed down with old bricks. I'm thinking about erecting a new one over a big container if I can find the right size.
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,033
    Before I gave it away, I ended up using all but the top tier for storing tools and pots. It was too dark to grow anything even though but was facing almost directly east.
    In London. Keen but lazy.