Help with new design
So I’ve decided on my garden design but I’d love some feedback on any potential improvements.
Sorry for the child like drawing. Not to scale
Things to know
- Mid Terrace house
- My neighbour on the right had a summer house built that is an another 2 meters above our 6ft fence
- Behind the bottom fence are tall trees but they don’t cause sun blocking by 9am in summer based on aspect.
- Soil is thick clay. Hence why I am putting in another patio at the bottom right. As I write this, part of that bed has large puddles which is drowning the garlic I put there!!
So my plans
- moving the path from the south facing aspect to the north facing side
- Building in a north facing garden bed and I am thinking 2m?
- South facing side will be no dig raised garden beds. Beds will be 1 m x 1 m square. There will be grass surrounding these beds.
- Plastic greenhouse is positioned so it’s facing south east the same as the potting bench on the patio next to the house. On the other side that is in deep shade is my compost bin and garden storage unit
- The patio is at the bottom will be on two different levels and at the very back before the fence, I’ve got two garden beds for planting.
- Thinking of a rose bed that runs lengthways across the garden separating the patios from the GYO area and having an arch for a climbing rose over the path.
I’ve gone for two patios at the bottom because one already exists on the left hand side which is an absolute sun trap.
Had to do the second one on the right hand side because of how much clay soil is there. Here a photo of the area and how I planted last year on the bit that was workable
growing in pots is one of my true pleasures so most of these patio areas will be covered in pots anyway.
Anything you’d change around? Anything you think is a design flaw?