Forum home The potting shed

Reasons to be cheerful 2021

• NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,800
    A Gardener came....... and looked..... and quoted a price and says he will.......come back on Wednesday.

This is a 7 month ongoing saga that is no longer an annoyance but now a pleasant surprise to hear the excuses. 

Another one came on Monday and said he would come today at 9.30am but rang last evening saying he could not come as....wait for it......

he had been stung by a wasp!!

Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,208
    I guess it depends on where he was stung!
    AB Still learning

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 3,005
    I got a puncture just as I was approaching Tesco’s today. I phoned the RAC but they said the wait could be over 4 hours so I contacted the local tyre shop instead. They arrived within 20 minutes, changed the tyre and, £30 lighter, I was on my way home minutes after that. What made me cheerful was that while waiting for the repairman in the Tesco car park three people offered to help, and that was in cool, drizzly conditions.

I love living in Rutland.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 40,756
    Nice @BenCotto  :)
    @NewBoy2 - at least they reply. I can't get anyone to even reply to queries about doing a small job for my car parking area. If they can't do it - fine - just say so! Very poor practice.
    Are you starting a book on what excuse might come next?   :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 4,626
    Yesterday I was in the lobby area of Morrisons hefting some bags of cheap compost into my trolley, and two separate people stopped and asked me if I needed a hand with it. I wasn't sure whether to be cheerful that people had bothered to ask, or grumpy because I obviously looked like a puny weakling, but I've come down on the side of cheerful. I declined the help, but it's nice that people offered.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 40,756
    I've been watching the Breakfast prog on the Beeb this morning. Two finer examples of young people would be hard to find. Emma Raducanu, who needs no introduction, and Tom Parker [of The Wanted] who has been battling cancer over the last year. The footage of him with his children, and his positive attitude, made me cry. 

Utterly humbling, and both utterly delightful human beings. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• B3B3 Posts: 19,027
    Looking on the bright side: victims of over-enthusiastic weeding are unexpected opportunities to take cuttings - right? 😒
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • WoodgreenWoodgreen Posts: 217
    Or as I usually say to myself 
    "Well, that's a lesson learned."
  • ErgatesErgates Devon, east of ExeterPosts: 774
    Woohoo! The tree surgeons have only been here since 9am, and have already trimmed the bit of laurel hedge we couldn’t reach, taken down a huge goat willow, and started on removing a badly placed pine tree. Very impressed. Haven’t done anything constructive myself, too busy watching the action.
  • B3B3 Posts: 19,027
    Enjoy!
    In London. Keen but lazy.