Forum home The potting shed

Reasons to be cheerful 2021

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,196
    Thanks.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,414
    Spot the space station tonight
     Time: Thu Jul 22 10:50 PM, Visible: 7 min, Max Height: 74°, Appears: 10° above WNW, Disappears: 9° above E

This is the site I use. 
    https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• B3B3 Posts: 18,672
    Sort of reason to be cheerful. I've noticed that some of Sainsbury's packaging says 'do not recycle ' .while of course this is not ideal, it's better than the meaningless and misleading 'not yet recyclable ' and might need to fewer contaminants in the recyclable packaging.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,786
    Delivered my first bag of veg to St Mungos for the residents to cook with.

Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,196
    Well done @NewBoy2.    Thanks @Lyn but I may be in bed by then - 11:50pm here.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,625
    Oh joy! A crashing thunderstorm has just arrived. Donner und Blitzen everywhere. And a cool breeze.

I really recommend this website to watch thunderstorms in real time near you.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • steveTusteveTu Posts: 1,386
    edited 30 July
    Radio 4 playing Nat King Cole singing Nature Boy - but curmudgeonly (edited: Curmudgeonlily?), why can't they play the whole thing!?
    UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,076
    They never play the whole track on DID, so they can talk to the guest more, some more interesting than others. 
    AB Still learning

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,309
    edited 30 July
    RTBC - first day out of self-isolation for all four of us. Trill can briefly see her bf before he goes on holiday this pm, Bow can play in a concert (for which she has had to miss all the rehearsals, but still), OH can go for his pre-work long walk, without which he is a bit of a bear with a sore head, and I can attend the above concert (and go to the shop and buy a bar of chocolate :smile:)
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,764
    Sounds good @LG_, especially the chocolate bit!