Forum home The potting shed

Reasons to be cheerful 2021

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,700
    Oooo! Hot dogs 🌭 🤤 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,041
    RTBC: home from work to a warm house.
    Devon.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,764
    SM delivery just arrived - complete with fizz, red roses and Black Magic chocs, now I wonder who did the ordering!
    I've just been skyping with my Daughter and saw my 10 month Grandson take about 6 steps. 
    That's made MY day.
    Devon.
  • rholden_82rholden_82 Ashford, KentPosts: 69
    Good morning all (just!)
    Today's reasons to be cheerful are:
    1 - My Teams meeting this morning descended into pandemonium and we all were falling about with laughter so a great way to start a Friday with a smile.
    2 - The sun is shining (albeit freezing!)
    3 - It's quiz night tonight
    4 - Southern Fried chicken and chips for tea
    5 - 5pm Fizz time!!!
    6 - It's Friday!

Happy Friday everyone :) 
    Dolce far niente....
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 2,912
    Why can’t they delay the Bird Watch until the weather is snowy? I have just counted on the bird feeders 8 goldfinches, 2 great tits and one sparrow while grazing on scraps below were 10 blackbirds and a fieldfare.
    edited 12 February
    I'm Mr Smug. I've just cut the grass.

I've never managed to cut it February before
    Devon.
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,672
    We could cut ours and have   crushed ice as a bonus😐
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,672
    My water bill for the quarter or whatever is about £14. Maybe water meters are a good thing😊
    Gas bill's gone down too. Apparently we're using less. Not at the moment, though!
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,409
    B3 said:
    My water bill for the quarter or whatever is about £14. Maybe water meters are a good thing😊
    Gas bill's gone down too. Apparently we're using less. Not at the moment, though!

If there was any way to be sure, prior to installation, about meters being a good thing, I might go for one.  There are only 2 of us in the house but we do enjoy our baths.