Forum home The potting shed

Reasons to be cheerful 2021

• rholden_82rholden_82 Ashford, KentPosts: 69
    Todays reason to be cheerful is that the daffodils that are on my desk are starting to come into flower and I'm having a yummy ham and cheese panini for lunch. To top it off, raspberries for pudding and they were reduced!! Bonus! :)
    Dolce far niente....
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,409
    Mine is that I had my first Covid jab today.  Very quick and literally painless.  Amusement added when an elderly lady sitting near me in the waiting area was asked her name.  She replied with a very strong, possibly Scandinavian accent so the person taking the details asked if she would spell it, which she happily did.  She was then asked for her first name which was even more difficult to understand than the surname.  The look on the face of the person collecting the information was brilliant.  The lady smiled and offered to spell that too, which was gratefully accepted.  She finished off by saying "I bet you don't get many like that in a day" with a laugh.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,764
    My first two daffs are out!
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,041
    RTBC is heating and hot water
    Devon.
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,448
    Ah the oil man cometh @Hostafan1
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,257
    I've been out!  Just been to have my jab and it was so weird to be 'in the world' talking to lots of people.  Felt a huge temptation to bust out and be free, quelled the urge.

I am really looking forward to the day I can have an emmenthal and mushroom panini @rholden_82 with coffee made by someone else  :D  lucky you, enjoy.
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,409
    I've been out!  Just been to have my jab and it was so weird to be 'in the world' talking to lots of people.  Felt a huge temptation to bust out and be free, quelled the urge.

I am really looking forward to the day I can have an emmenthal and mushroom panini @rholden_82 with coffee made by someone else  :D  lucky you, enjoy.

After my jab yesterday I was advised not to drive for 15 or 20 minutes so needed something to fill the time.  One of the local coffee shops was open for takeaway and I would have felt rude just walking past. :D It's amazing how such a little change to routine can make a difference.  During lockdown I've only been out to buy food and the occasional walk.
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,257
    And lucky you @KT53 but you are right about a routine change, it has set me up for the day.

Daughter driving so no little picnic for me sadly, both daughters have me under close house arrest!
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 2,912
    During my 15 minute quarantine I sat in the car, turned on the radio, and discovered that 20% of electric vehicle charging stations don’t charge you for the electricity. I had no idea.
  • rholden_82rholden_82 Ashford, KentPosts: 69
    Todays reasons to be cheerful:
    Hot dogs for lunch (with fried onions!)
    The sun is shining
    Saw 4 goldfinches on the feeders this morning
    :) 
    Dolce far niente....