Forum home The potting shed

Reasons to be cheerful 2021

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 6,441
    the daffs,irises,wall flowers,hyacinths,pansies.primulas are coming up
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 6,441
    AND, the heating is fixed OH JOY!!!!!
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,409
    My good lady bought me a cordless mini chainsaw for my birthday as she thought it would be easier to use in amongst the crab apple branches than loppers.  Time will tell, but it's nice that she'd thought about it.  Even if it doesn't help, it was worth the purchase price for the instruction manual which is loosely translated from Chinese.  There are a couple of instructions in particular which I can make no sense of.

1.  In order to save the use of the batteries, do not allow this load of overloaded lice to cut...
    2.  Please wear suitable clothing when using this parent.
    3. Do not allow the battery to run out of all power in the soap tank.
    4. Carefully open the package.  Check components are all : electric coarse branch.

I'm sure I couldn't translate instructions from English to Chinese without problems, but I would pass them by a native Chinese speaker to ensure they made sense.
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,448
    Those are just wonderful @KT53
    We have a lot of friends in Turkey who often post in Turkish on Facebook.  Some of the translations are hilarious.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,257
    I have just been for a walk in the snow, well sort of snow, well it was sort of snowing. Anyway it was lovely, I just love snow  :)
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,986
    Watching the Test match from India has been a delight.  And something to get up for each morning...   :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,041
    It's 5.30 and I've only just put the lights on indoors. 
    Summer is coming
    Devon.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,076
    @Hostafan1 you are  getting 30 minutes more than we are at the moment,  but I agree it's all heading in the right direction. 
    AB Still learning

• KT53KT53 Posts: 5,409
    edited 10 February
    Watching the Test match from India has been a delight.  And something to get up for each morning...   :)

Being able to watch live cricket without having to subscribe to Sky or other pay to view broadcasters is wonderful.  Hopefully there will be more.  That said, I watched Man U last night on BBC and wouldn't have seen such a poor game if it had been on Sky or BT Sport.  You win some, you lose some.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,700
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh