Forum home The potting shed

Reasons to be cheerful 2021

• rholden_82rholden_82 Ashford, KentPosts: 69
    My reason to be cheerful on this Friday is that I have a beautiful vase of tulips on my study window and they have got me through the day! I will now move them into my room over the weekend so I can continue to enjoy their beauty when I have shut down for the weekend! (roll on 4.30pm!!)
    Dolce far niente....
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,786

Desi_in_London 

Went to bed at 8.30 and read until 8.45pm and then stayed awake until 2.00am and thought "Botheration or similar words......I may as well get up."

Sat in a cold room on couch watching Baby Station and such like until 4.00am then went back to bed 5.00am and woke up again at 6.00am and 7.00 am and finally got up again at 8.00am and then fell asleep at about 10.00am 

Felt like when you have been out drinking until about 7.00am and then straight to work.

At least the boys did well. !!
    Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,041
    I've got frog spawn  in the pond
    Devon.
  • Desi_in_LondonDesi_in_London LondonPosts: 390
    @NewBoy2 ... you made me laugh! I was half dozing half watching from 6 am ish onwards.... thought 'oh dear' in the early bits but they did well ! At least if the weather holds there it'll make the freeze a bit more bearable the next few days.
    Kindness is always the right choice.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,764
    Apparently my OH woke up at 4 am and decided he would watch it as well. Swore he hadn't put the alarm on and just kind of woke up at the right time.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,986
    Hubby and I watched it from 7.  We're definitely lightweights... lovely to watch cricket on terrestrial TV again.   :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 6,441
    Sunny blue sky actually sat outside in the sun for my morning coffee, 25c in my top (south facing) greenhouse, potted on 20 foxgloves and Sweet Williams I grew from seed, in bottom greenhouse, could have got away with a t-shirt!!!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,700
    My RTBC today is this ...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-55945948

Just how cute is he? 😍 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,700
    Maybe airlines need a rethink ... if passenger travel is going to be cut to a minimum, and as in future we’re going to trade with the Pacific nations instead of with our near neighbours, perhaps the airlines can diversify ... after all, the rest of UK businesses are having to be creative about how they do business 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55871373

😉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• KT53KT53 Posts: 5,409
    Hubby and I watched it from 7.  We're definitely lightweights... lovely to watch cricket on terrestrial TV again.   :)

I switched on this morning, not very early, to hear the commentators saying what a brilliant innings Stokes had played.  Don't you just love it when you have just missed all the action!?