Forum home The potting shed

Reasons to be cheerful 2021

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,699
    So pleased to hear that @Yviestevie 🍾😁 👍 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• KT53KT53 Posts: 5,409
    Kili said:
    RTBC:
    Didn't win squat on the premium bonds, but won a ticket to the vaccination centre on Sunday  :D
    I'm the opposite at the moment.  Just had an e-mail telling me I have won on the premium bonds, but still waiting for the jab.  Only problem is, the missus has taken over the spare room to work from home and has shifted all my files.  One of them contains my NS&I information.  Until I find that, I can't see how much I've won.

• KiliKili Posts: 713
    edited 3 February
    KT53 said:
    Kili said:
    RTBC:
    Didn't win squat on the premium bonds, but won a ticket to the vaccination centre on Sunday  :D
    I'm the opposite at the moment.  Just had an e-mail telling me I have won on the premium bonds, but still waiting for the jab.  Only problem is, the missus has taken over the spare room to work from home and has shifted all my files.  One of them contains my NS&I information.  Until I find that, I can't see how much I've won.

Well done you on your win. Treat yourself.

Since NS&I have reduced the prize pool I've been getting squat. Might be time to do what tens of thousands have done and move my savings from NS&I into an index fund. Most of my friends in these funds seem to average at least a 4% a year return, but like any investment in stocks, shares and bonds its a gamble.

Hope you get notification for your jab soon. The news out today for the AstraZenica vaccine is very encouraging.

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,764
    Great news @Yviestevie, hopefully your SIL is also recovering? Such a big relief for you.

On a much more minor scale, the cat is also recovering today and has just wolfed down some tinned tuna.
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,786
    Tomorrow at 4.00am I will get up put the kettle on and WATCH   yes WATCH  Live test match Cricket from India.

First time since 2005 !!

B) 
    Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.
  • Desi_in_LondonDesi_in_London LondonPosts: 390
    @NewBoy2 ... i have a similar plan ( although I might skip the first hour....)
    Kindness is always the right choice.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,223
    I have just found out that Simon Mayo is returning to a Drivetime show on Greatest Hits radio on 15th March, together with Matt Wiliams. Hopefully there will be Confessions as well.
    After the debacle that ended his career at Radio 2, this has cheered me up no end.
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,670
    Sun is shining. There's steam coming off the fence. I've never see that before😊
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,041
    My RTBC is 5 years of no booze
    Devon.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,409
    Booked the dates for my Covid jabs.  If that ain't a reason to be cheerful I don't know what is.  First one on the 10th Feb and 2nd on 30th April.  As I'm not 70 until March, the programme must be running really well.