Forum home The potting shed

Training your partner to use the kitchen compost bin

124»

• steephillsteephill Posts: 1,849
    My OH is world champion at filling bins but getting her to empty one?
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 5,623
    My old man seems to have an allergy or "bin" phobia, wash bin in the bathroom, maybe puts clothes next to it, anything else just gets left as is.  Just seen a posting on another forum I belong to, someone complaining about their 22 year old step-son, ahem, passing wind, in the room, I worked with a nurse once who expected her kids to go into the bathroom to do it, now the old man doing that, really loudly really gets my goat!!!
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,105
    Well this thread has proved an outlet for expressing grievances 😅
    It has given me a laugh, thank you. The Custard cream wrappers made me chuckle! I have given up with my OH and anything recycling related.
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • I do it myself then I can't complain if I do it wrong! I've learnt it's something I feel strongly about and he doesn't.years of living in America he came back doing all sorts of things I felt were wrong environmentally...leaving water running while brushing teeth.filling kettle full when only doing it for 1 cup of tea.loads.given up!everything else he is brilliant.
  • Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,649
    AuntyRach said:
    Well this thread has proved an outlet for expressing grievances 😅
    It has given me a laugh, thank you. The Custard cream wrappers made me chuckle! I have given up with my OH and anything recycling related.
    I agree @AuntyRach, sometimes you just pick your battles.  My husband leaves every kitchen cupboard door open after he's been in there.. BUT, they are mainly all hanging open because he just put the dishes away.  I expect there are twice as many annoying (to him) things I do.. but he's only ever brought up a few in the entirety of our marriage.  I just go around after he leaves the room and bang all the cupboards shut loudly.  He never seems to notice, and I feel better.  
    Utah, USA.
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 5,623
    Oh, yeah Blue Onion, we actually soft close doors, BUT they don't work from completely open, so mine also does that, plus drawers, mine doesn't put the dishes away, he has started drinking tea, after only ever drinking cold drinks for over 30 years,, I have a lovelly leaf thing with silver spoon to put your tea bag on, he uses a different teaspoon EVERY single time he has a cuppa, (yes, they are compostable of course) toilet roll inner dumped on bathroom floor.  At work he was really tidy, his workmates don't believe how he is at home.  EVERYTHING gets left out, he will say where's that such and such it was here the other day, the other day probably being 5 years ago!!!