Forum home The potting shed

Training your partner to use the kitchen compost bin

• stephentamestephentame Southwest EnglandPosts: 161
    I don't really do that :)
  • steveTusteveTu Posts: 1,078
    Yeah - right...
    UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 1,094
    @stephentame 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 25,365
    Last week after giving all the kitchen surfaces a deep clean I transposed my Knives and Not Knives pots when I put the back.  Guess who put the scissors in the Knives pot!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 2,644
    I like those pots you can buy for the kitchen that say ‘Spoons’ on the front. Must be so useful for those who forget what they’re called.
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 1,094
    Sorry but Id still do it wrong, seems I only give things a "man look" my wife's favourite little phrase at the moment. 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 25,365
    There is no longer a label on my two pots.  Don't like labels on pots but do find them useful for the assorted flours and rices and so on in the pantry.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • celcius_kkwcelcius_kkw Posts: 653
    My partner and I have been together for 7 years and he still doesn’t know how I like my tea.. often serving me something severely anaemic and weak - the opposite of what I actually like. 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 17,509
    I have to say, mines been a treasure since he stopped working last March after the 1st lockdown.

He make all the drinks, perfectly for me.
    I’ve  taught him how to work the washing machine,  just needs to learn how to open the laundry bin lid. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 1,431
    Judging by this thread, there seems to be an element of role reversal going on in my house ;)