Forum home The potting shed

Monthly to do lists

gcalowgcalow LeicestershirePosts: 10
Hi all, I have many guides of what jobs to do as each new month arrives. They are great help.  My query is does anyone know of a web based one where you can input the plants you are cultivating, as with all the others there is so much info re things I have no interest in. Not moaning here, I just would find that more suitable for me.
Regards and happy growing.

• PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 2,565
    It's quite a good idea to keep a sort of task list of your own which you build up over some years. You record what you do and when and whether it was a good idea. Weather conditions will change so that what you do in, say March, in a mild year will differ from a very cold, late spring. Guides are only guides and you will need to add experience and flexibility.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,094
    I don't know of a free one, but if you're a member of the RHS they have 'MyRHS' where you can input all your plants, in different groups if you like (eg: I have each bed, with front and back gardens separately). The you can either use the site or get monthly emails with reminders of what to do when. It's far from perfect - not every cultivar is on there, and not everything has care advice - but as it's free for members and being updated / improved I use it. 

Another one which is good but expensive is Shoot Gardening. I attended a detailed demo and was very impressed. It's especially good for adding a plan view with linked plants. They have a sort of 'home gardener' and 'professional designer' subscription, but the most customisable (and therefore useful, as you can take location etc into account) care reminders are only in the much more expensive professional subscription, unfortunately.

I use MyRHS and my own lists.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • gcalowgcalow LeicestershirePosts: 10
    Ok, thanks all. I can manage with what there is, but being fairly new to gardening it was just an idea I liked the sound of.
    thanks again.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 68,271
    This doesn’t list your own garden plants, but it’s a good reminder 

https://www.gardenersworld.com/
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh