Forum home Plants

Shrub ID for WonkyWomble please

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,491
edited January 2021 in Plants
@WonkyWomble is still having probems posting pics so I'm posting it for her and hope that you can ID it please 

I'm rubbish at naming shrubs and although this looks familiar I just can't come up with its name.  
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Silver surferSilver surfer Posts: 3,715
    edited January 2021
    Well done Dove for posting pics.
     Looks like Pittosporum sp/cultivar.
    Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,491
    Thank you @Silver surfer  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 4,026
    Would agree a pittosporum, just like one we bought last year. 🙂
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 4,024
    Thank you @Dovefromabove, @Silver surfer  and @Songbird-1 😀
  • KeenOnGreenKeenOnGreen Posts: 1,630
    It's quite spindly.  If she would like it to be densier/bushier, then she can prune it back by a third/half in Spring.  We have a bit of a love affair with them, and they seem completely pest-proof, which is a blessing these days.  
    @KeenOnGreen thank you 😊  it's a actually a bundle of individual shoots all with good roots that were growing at the base of a larger one that a customer wanted removing.  I liked the look of them so bought them home but don't have a huge amount of room so wondering at where I can put some 🤔
    @WonkyWomble,👍👍
    @Songbird-1 I cant say no to a plant it's terrible! I end up taking them from one garden and putting them in others! 
    Hope your keeping safe and well! X
    Hi @WonkyWomble, we are fine ( touch wood) thanks. How is your OH doing? Is he feeling better?
    Yes, I " dread" going to a g/c as I see so many lovely plants that I want them all. It's very hard to turn your back but I can't wait to start sowing and planting in a couple of months time. Take care.
    Glad your both keeping safe @Songbird-1
    Hubby has been forced to furlough again so is bored but the bad weather is making him ill a lot of the time so he knows he's in the right place with me nagging him! 😉
    I'm eagerly awaiting the postie as I've had a seed splurge and have found some unusual zinnia and cosmos 😀have a lovely day