Forum home Problem solving

Moved house - daffodils

Hi all,

I have just moved house and would love to have pots filled with daffodils this spring. Unfortunately there were no bulbs planted last Autumn - is there anything I can do? Is it possible to buy daffodil ‘plugs’ or something similar? 

Many thanks in advance 

• PurpleRosePurpleRose North YorkshirePosts: 349
    Hi and welcome to the forums.

In the spring, you can buy already grown daffodils in pots from garden centres. I have seen them, you normally get around two or three grown bulbs in each pot.
  • Thank so much for helping @PurpleRose - presumably they would then be okay to transfer to my troughs? 
  • PurpleRosePurpleRose North YorkshirePosts: 349
    I can't see why not. Just be careful with them when transferring them 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,514
    You could sink them into the troughs without removing them from the pots. Then they can easily be lifted when they’ve faded, put in a ‘quiet corner’ to help fed, watered and allowed to die back ... and replaced with something else. 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 3,885
    The big supermarkets have them almost in flower, and what Dove said!!
  • TrantionTrantion Posts: 9
    I had to lift some bulbs last year because they had already started to grow when I was digging the garden around them. I asked at the garden centre and they said it would be fine as long as I didn't damage the roots, and sure enough they did fine... Except for one daffodil where the spade sliced straight through the bulb because I didn't dig deep enough!
  • Thank you all @PurpleRose @Dovefromabove @Nanny Beach @Trantion for all of your help. I never expected anyone to reply and you've all solved my problem - thank you! 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,514
    @alicewhitemore 😊 
    its our pleasure ... we like to help and we do try to answer every query ... if no one here knows the answer someone will have an idea how to find out ... so keep asking 😃 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 3,885
    Especially Dove, she is the font of all knowledge!!