Forum home Problem solving

Philodendron help!

I have a Philodendron imperial green and I moved flats about 4 months ago, The tips of a few of the leaves began to yellow and then fade to brown further up the leaf and I assumed it was down to the leaves being pressed up against a cold brick wall 24/7. But now 2 of the leaves are pale with huge patches of brown and yellow around the edges with other leaves headed that way! Any ideas as to what it could be? Humidity is at 50% and it's in a low indirect sunlight area. Thanks!

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,865
    Have a look at this link and see if it helps you - https://www.rhsplants.co.uk/bomcard/_/philodendron-imperial-green/philodendron-imperial-green-and-pot-cover-combination/classid.2000035037/

I suspect it may be too cold at night and may also need regular misting to improve humidity.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Thank you! It goes down to about 15c at night so I wouldn't be surprised  :#
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,865
    The whole room may go that low and the plant should be fine but over by a cold brick wall will be a lot colder.  Other than that, maybe it needs some fresh compost with nutrients as they only have feed for 90 days max in most potting composts.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Amazing! I'll move it from the wall and give it some more light and see how it gets on! If nothing, I'll definitely repot! Thanks so much for your help!