Forum home Plants

The wall....

edev08edev08 Posts: 55
A while ago now, I put a post up about which plants were best for my wall, which has 4" of soil in down the middle. They had to be wildflowers, short, but pretty. There are now cats that seem to like walking up and down it. If they are not common at major seed companies, please link where to find them. I look forward to the help, thanks in advance!!! :smiley:
Grow wildflowers in your garden

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,372
    Would need more info about the wall and the soil amount.
    There are lots of companies which sell wildflowers, but you'd need to make sure they were appropriate for the conditions you have - both the soil and your climate. 
    Here's one -
    https://britishwildflowermeadowseeds.co.uk/
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• edev08edev08 Posts: 55
    Its thin, can get quite dry aswell. the soil s 4" deep but we are getting new soil, so the soil quality wull be better again.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,372
    Wildflowers generally need poorer soil to thrive. Plenty of small alpine plants would do quite well there, which could be interspersed with things like poppies and others which like the same conditions  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

Thank you very much.
  • Silver surferSilver surfer Posts: 2,664
    Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
    Thank you.
  • LoxleyLoxley Posts: 2,975
    You could try Navelwort. You see it growing in wall cervices in Cornwall and Pembrokeshire. I sowed some last spring and now have some little plants to pop into cracks. They're soooo cute with their little round leaves!
    Thanks Loxley!