Forum home The potting shed

😷 RESURRECTED 101 😷

• PurpleRosePurpleRose North YorkshirePosts: 460
    It does sound awful what you described Ruby. The trudging through the snow but also the cold you both felt. Snow is so pretty when fresh but it is very easy to find how difficult it can be when trying to get from A to B.  

During the Beast From the East a couple of years ago, I couldn't get my car off the drive (and looking at the state of the roads it was not wise to drive). I live 3 miles from work so I got my thermos mug filled with tea and started my walk. There was a bus at the end of the road so I clambered on. The bus driver said "I dont think I will get round the route but I am going to try. If I dont get you to where you need to be I will give you your money back." I paid my fare and sat down. I think he was psyching himself up before he set off. He managed to get the the next stop which was quite a scary ride. He picked up a few passages and carried on. We went down a steep hill and you could feel the bus slipping at bit. He picked up a few more passengers and carried on. Another steep hill which was more scary. We got to the bottom and the whole bus cheered. It was mostly ok after that. 

I got off near work and the driver said after that he was going to the depot to calm his nerves and have a sausage sandwich. He was sat there cool as a cucumber, you would never have known.

I got the bus after work at tea time and he was there behind the wheel. He laughed and said "have you come for round 2?" 🤣🤣

@Biglad I bet that was so funny running to the cheers 
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 30,575
    PurpleRose, that is another very scary snow story and well done to the driver for delivering you all safely.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 30,575
    I am going to bid you all goodnight now. Dekkie demolition has worn me out. See you all tomorrow. Night night and sweet dreams.
    100 Good Evening Messages Wishes  Quotes - WishesMsg

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 6,482
    How frightening was that Purple rose ,hair raising .
    I am signing out . See you tomorrow.
  • Rosie.b.Rosie.b. Posts: 1,078
    Goodnight LB.  I’m signing out I’m watching the doc re the cheetahs, sleep well everyone.
  • ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-Sea Posts: 1,135
    Evening everyone,
    Hello @PurpleRose nice to see you apologies for my late greeting 💐 your tale of the bus driver made me smile, he was a star! but these snow stories do remind you how treacherous it can be, I recall the beast from the East and it was bad, 
    Hazel those couples talking when you and OH we’re out walking earlier, how inconsiderate of them not to move out of the way. Thanks for the heads up about clapping for heroes, I’d not heard about that, 
    LB Good news about the reduction on your water bill, Goodnight to you, Rubee & Rosie enjoy the Cheetahs documentary. 
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 1,911
    edited 6 January
    @PurpleRose, another hair raising snow story but that driver was a gem to keep on and try to get to journeys end. Bet he was shattered that night! We got stuck in a snow blizzard many years ago, over the Pennines. We had been holidaying in the Lakes and had started to make our way home after snow was forecast.....at Easter! But over the tops we couldn't go any further due to the blizzard conditions and  ended up staying the night at a local farmers house! My, were we grateful to that  farmer and his wife. So, yes, it can be treacherous.

Signing out for tonight folks. Night all.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,985
    I almost cannot believe what I am seeing in America tonight. The sooner that idiot Trump is off our screens and front pages the better. Talk about stirring up trouble and then saying he didn’t.

Good on Nicola Sturgeon for telling him to flip off when he said he was going to fly into Scotland in a few days time to play a little golf at one of his courses - just so he could avoid Joe Biden’s inauguration ceremony.

Words fail me when it comes to that man.
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 1,911
    @Topbird,( just popping back in), it's shocking what's happening in America isn't it? I think the whole world is going mad but it was like watching a film tonight seeing all the crowds and what they were doing.Unbelievable. 

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,031
    I remember battling my way into work a few years back through deep slow.  I was the only one in for a few hours and opened up the switchboard, sorted post etc even though it wasn't my job.  A week later I was made redundant.  I learnt a valuable life lesson that day.
    The American situation is disgraceful.  The man is a lunatic and should be committed. Biden showed him exactly how a president should behave.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands