Forum home The potting shed

😷 RESURRECTED 101 😷

• Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 1,924
    Evening. Had a pretty lazy day today. OH and I went for a walk this morning and en route encountered two couples, stood talking to each other right on the corner of a road we needed to walk down. They saw us coming but no one moved. So OH and Imended up having to walk on the road( a main road) round the corner into a side road and then got back on pavement further up! Talk about ignorance , lack of manners or apologies . We were not best  pleased and poor old OH, grumbled his way home😳
    Ante, the little tree looks well bedded in there. Should grow nicely. Snow too! Lovely.
    LB, has it taken you all day to take down your decks? Crumbs, you must have loads😀☺️
    Chive, it's good to hear you've got your own little group of kiddies..Makes things less stressful  I would imagine.Steady away with it.And make sure you get plenty of rest time in between.

I see , from tomorrow, at 8pm, the weekly Clap for Carers  is resuming but under a new name......Clap for ( all) Hero's.
  • PurpleRosePurpleRose North YorkshirePosts: 468
    Evening all

Thank you for my warm welcome  to the thread.

@Songbird-1 we were only discussing the weekly round of applause at the weekend. I quite enjoyed doing the clap last time round. It was good to have a wave at the neighbours. A house near us had a singer who would sing for about half an hour on a big speaker after the clap and just before a van used to drive round beeping his horn to remind us to go onto our doorstep. It was lovely. Was quite sad when it all stopped 
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 1,040
    I inadvertently went for a run in the early weeks of the clap @PurpleRose. I did wonder why everyone was on their doorstep encouraging me up the hill to our house. I bet they thought it a bit odd when I was waving and celebrating like I'd just won olympic gold ;)
  • CheyngelCheyngel Buxton! Derbyshire, not Norfolk.Posts: 4,188
    Yeah, I won't be clapping. Lots of my friends are nurses etc and they'd rather have a pay rise..

If other people enjoy it though fair play to them!
  • ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-Sea Posts: 1,143
    Hi Topbird yes the children have accepted the changes very well, but do need a little reminder about keeping a safe distance from one another 😊, 
    Rubee Sounds like a harrowing journey home and it is still so fresh in your mind, it shows how traumatic that experience was for you. 
    Ante lovely Christmas tree it looks perfect, glad you had a nice time at the cottage, 
    LB A good job accomplished today, thank you for the quiz though it’s making me feel hungry 😋 
    1. Welsh rarebit 
    2. Chelsea Bun
    3. Cornish Pasty
    5. Yorkshire pudding 
    6. Dundee Cske
    8. Lancashire hotpot
    10. Bakewell tart 
    11. Cumberland Sausage
    15. Eccles cake

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 30,592
    Oh my goodness Ruby. That must have been a total nightmare for you both. Snow is definitely pretty to look out at but not so much fun if you have to go out in it. Chive, I think you are a bit like mother hen with your little 'chicks' in your bubble at school. PurpleRose, I enjoyed the clap for carers last time around. As you say Hazel, there are many more who come into the category of heroes and I'm grateful to people like my milkman, my postie, the bus drivers, my binmen, all school staff, firemen, policemen and anyone who goes above and beyond their normal duties to see that we are looked after.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 30,592
    I got a surprise email today from United Utilities. My monthly payment for my water is going down by £5. I mentioned not too long ago that I have had a water meter for quite some time and that I'm still not paying half of what I paid before I had my meter fitted. I am going to be paying less than £20 per month from April 1st. Yippee. Its probably because there is only one person in this property - me (don't think they count Lily and my tropical fish). Whatever the reason, you don't get much in the way of reductions for anything these days so that was pleasant news.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    Rubee, your post about your snow escapade wasn't there when I posted. That's taken some time to come through here. Gosh, what a frightening experience for you and your mum. I can well imagine how exhausting it must have been, dragging your legs out of the snow just to take a step forward.Snow is nice to  walk in, leisurely, but when you need to get home, after work, and you get stuck it's mighty scary. You and your mum were very determined and you got there in the end. Well done. 
    edited 6 January
    @PurpleRose, how wonderful to listen to your neighbour singing after the clap for carers. I would have loved that and yes, you're right, it's a nice opportunity to have a wave to the neighbours and have a shout across the road lol!☺️

LB, our water metre bill has gone up £5 since we moved here eek!