Forum home The potting shed

😷 RESURRECTED 101 😷

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 3,077
    Hello all,day off today which I am glad of, we are being taken over/ merged with a new pharmacy group, some aspects will close and everyone on edge. Keeping everything crossed that all will be well but it’s a worry especially at the moment with the job market the way it is. 
    Raining here and windy but nothing too extreme hope you are all indoors warm and dry. 
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 6,482
    Debs I am sorry ,that is very worrying for you . Fingers crossed for a good outcome .
    I had my COVID vaccine jab at lunch time  . I came home ,had a cuppa then fell asleep .Just woken up .
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,425
    Afternoon all.

SGL, I hope so that nobody will be flooded. Winter plus virus, people don't need one more disaster.

Hazel, nice that you done SM shopping. I'll go tomorrow.

Rosie, Baileys, can I join you please?😊

Debs, finger cross that all will be ok with job. Enjoy in rest of free day if you can.

Here was reather pleasant day. Nice weather, I got one plant catalouge and seeds arrived from Italy. I ordered some conifer seeds and got two extra bags. Sadely, order seeds from UK becom almost unpossible.
    I have my readings for tonight and maybe join Rosie with glass or two.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 30,575
    Hello everyone. Debs, that is rather worrying news. Will there be any redundancies and is your job one at risk? Ruby, excellent news about your Covid jab. Ante, is the difficulty with seeds because of import rules? I think I might join Rosie and yourself with a glass - my B's is salted caramel flavour.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 3,077
    The main redundancies will be in the warehouse which will close and possibly some in head office. I am probably safe but I must admit I dislike change generally. 
    Ruby pleased you have had your jab. 
    Hope you can get the seeds you need Ante. 
    Baileys sounds good to me but trying to lose a few pounds. Not easy! 
    edited 19 January
    Ladybird4 said:
    TODAY'S QUIZ
    1. Native to Ethiopia what is the brown baboon with a bare red chest called?
    2. To which continent is the tiger native?
    3. What type of animal is an abalone?
    4. What is the home of a hare called?
    5. How many eyes does a honey bee have?
    6. Which island is home to the lemur-like animal called the Aye-aye?
    7. Which animal is known as the King of the Beasts?
    8. Which crop is attacked by the Boll Weevil?
    9. What shape is the design on the back of the venomous brown recluse spider?
    10. What species of animal is a nilgai?
    11. What colour is a piebald horse?
    12. What is the only species of deer where both the male and female have large branched antlers?
    13. Which farm animals do the peccary resemble?
    14. Which is the heaviest snake in the World?
    15. Sometimes called a cougar or mountain lion, what is the largest American feline mammal?
    16. By what name is a stoat's winter coat known by?
    17. What name is given to the home of a mole?
    18. Closely related to the manatee what is the large marine mammal found in the waters of East Africa and Australia?
    19. What are the young of pigeons called?
    20. In Inuit mythology which animal is known as Nanook?

QUIZ ANSWERS
    1. Gelada. 2. Asia. 3. A sea snail. 4. A form. 5. Five. 6. Madagascar. 7. Lion. 8. Cotton.
    9. Violin shaped. 10. An antelope. 11. Black and white. 12. Caribou. 13. Pigs. 14. Anaconda. 15. Puma. 16. Ermine. 17. A fortress. 18. Dugong. 19. Squabs. 20. Polar bear.
    Its good to hear that your job is likely to be safe Debs.
    Congratulations to all who had a go at the quiz.
    Well Done GIFs  Tenor

• Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,425
    Evening LB. It's about new rules about seeds and plants import/export between UK an EU. It' possible to import seeds but prices and taxes are just ridiculous on both sides.

Debs, so nice to hear that your job is likely safe.
    I've just had a very depressing email from the Wildlife Trusts regarding the terrible news that the Government has granted emergency authorisation of a neonicotinoid pesticide for use on sugar beet. Sugar beet is not a flowering plant but bees and other pollinators will still be affected by it. It is going to be used as a seed dressing and will last for a long time in the soils, leaching into water courses and being taken up by roots, affecting plants and animals alike. I've signed the Wildlife Trusts' petition to the P.M. and emailed my M.P. Sometimes you just feel you are spitting in the wind (Ante: means wasting your time trying to do something that has little chance of any success).

Sorry Ante, I should have refreshed my page as your post wasn't there when I typed mine. What a pain for you with the seed problem.