Forum home The potting shed

😷 RESURRECTED 101 😷

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 30,592
    Right on cue! Afternoon all. I am totally cream crackered after my marathon dekkie demolition but everything is down and stashed away for later on this year. I have to 'fess up that my cards are still blutacked to the doors but as I only got some in the post today I am using a little bit of license. Debs, I'm glad that your fiancé was able to give you a lift but I was a little worried that you would get back to a bare cupboard!
    I've been to put the bin out for tomorrow and the snow was crisp and crunchy underfoot and I had to do the tried and tested 'smash the fist in the centre of the bin lid' to break the ice seal - works a treat. Best go and find a quiz for you
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,425
    Evening all.
    I need a cup of hot tea. Tree is planted and I didn't get wet. It wasn't raining up in the hills, it was snowing😁. Walk thru woods was perfect and just what I needed. Pizza for dinner will be also ideal.

LB, all my decorations are down but I didn't stashed them yet. Maybe tomorrow.

TODAY'S QUIZ

• Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,425
    Here's my tree.

Sorry that the pictures are not pin sharp but I hope you can have a go!
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 14,546
    All xmas decs packed away till next Christmas 🎉   A dust and tidy and a quick whizz round with the sucky thing. Some wet cloth things going round in the thingy....bit late in the day, but who cares🤪  now sitting down with a cup of tea ☕☕ 
    Good to see you Chive, glad school went well. 
    Hello there Ante. Our posts overlapped each other there. Your tree looks lovely Ante. Fingers crossed it gets rooted into the ground quickly.
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 14,546
    Ooh you weren't there just now Ante, Your tree is lovely, good shape and lovely and bushy.
    Hi LB, you weren't there either! 
  • Rosie.b.Rosie.b. Posts: 1,078
    Ante a lovely shaped Christmas tree, you chose well.  Chive I’m glad you’ve had a good day with the little people.  LB I’m glad you’re all sorted with your mammoth task.

2 Chelsea buns 4 Stilton 11 Cumberland sausage ...
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 6,486
    edited 6 January
    TBird ,I recognise your description of the snow in Leeds .On one really bad day I finished work and went to the bus station to catch my usual bus .It had been cancelled. We lived near the highest point in Leeds and my usual bus had stopped running in the early afternoon. I went and waited for a bus  that went a longer way round but usually gets you home if a little late . I hadn’t been at the stop long when my mother turned up .She had been to visit my grandma and was running late because of the snow.By the time the bus came , the snow was driving and nearly horizontal. The driver said that he would do his best to get as far as he could .He was driving through thick snow and visibility was bad . Eventually he gave up . He had driven about three miles .When we got off the bus we were at the bottom of Kirkstall Hill .The walk home was a mile up the hill then two miles on the flat then another  mile up hill followed by a very steep walk down another hill which was half a mile long .The snow was deep ,just below our knees . It was a case of putting one foot into the snow in front then dragging the back foot out of the snow and putting that in front . The walk down hill was bad . The snow was driving into our faces .Eventually we arrived home at ten thirty exhausted wet through and very cold .We both had a hot bath and lots of tea . I should have been at work the following day but I slept until lunch time and so did my mother .Sorry that the saga is so long 
    My mum was fine but I developed a nasty cold .