Forum home Tools and techniques

Safety home

Hello everyone. I have some extra free time now, so I want to do solve several house tasks I did not have time for before. As Christmas is coming, we decided to celebrate it with all our friends we have not seen for ages! Please, do not judge us, we know all about the virus. So, do you think it is possible to install a security system before Christmas? What brand can you recommend for me? I have checked several companies which produce professional stuff, for example, Ajax. I will choose them or another similar reliable brand. I will be very thankful for any recommendation from you.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,960
    We just lock doors and window when we go out.  When we're in we have 2 dogs who let us know if anyone passes or approaches and at night we lock doors and bring down the shutters.

Unless I've got my days wrong, you've got 364 days to work it out in time for Christmas.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 19,277
    If that’s your house in the photo, I think you need a bloke in uniform with a German Shepherd.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 74,860
    I’m very sceptical ... I suspect that this is an attempt by @hlev to get lots of clicks on the Ajax Security (a Ukrainian company) website to increase its online profile. 

If I’m wrong I apologise ... but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck I find that it usually turns out in the end to be a duck 🦆 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,960
    Must admit I was waiting for the adverts.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,296
    It was just an attempt to place a free advert...so don't hold your breath for a response @rikkon.evanhAJiOMRd
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow