Forum home The potting shed

What are you giving for Christmas, and what are you hoping to be given?

Anything involving dark chocolate is always acceptable, as is anything garden-related.  But please don't give me houseplants.  I always think they're for people who don't have a garden.  Otherwise I don't really see the point of them.  OH and I agreed no presents this year, but he says he's got me "a little something".  I haven't got him anything, but I'm seeing the dentist tomorrow so I'll get something while I'm in town.  Goodness knows what.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,106
    edited December 2020
    As you’re there - you could get him a dental appointment?😁

I want nothing and am giving nothing. No small children nearby. They would be the only reason I’d give something.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,064
    OH and I usually only buy each other little things. Anything major, we prefer to choose together (or for ourselves) and will tend to get when we need it. He likes food, and also funnily enough clothes because he hates shopping for them himself. I like nice soap or bubble bath, nice chocolates, garden stuff (he once bought me a flatpack compost bin) but not plants/seeds because he has no idea about what suits our conditions.

• CloggieCloggie Posts: 1,394
    No idea what to get my OH.  We also buy what we want when we want it but having seen a compost fork suggestion in another thread I'd like one.  He's been looking at programmable Christmas lights using a Raspberry Pi so his needs are very specific on that one! 😁
  • CloggieCloggie Posts: 1,394
    Yours sounds very thoughtful @BenCotto
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 13,927
    I'm not doing gift giving or receiving this year. I just would like some peace and quiet by the fire.
  • WibbleWibble Posts: 89
    OH has half jokingly said he's going to get me a load of 2x4 to build a custom bench for the tiny greenhouse. I really hope he does actually! 
  • SkylarksSkylarks East MidlandsPosts: 379
    Santa is bringing my son a donation to a local homeless charity and a 2nd hand book.

Santa is bringing me a new hairdryer because mine broke a while ago and I’ve been using my travel one. Also, an I owe you for some spring plants 🪴 🌺
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,302
    In this lockdown year...my new Wilfa Uniform coffee grinder is waiting to be wrapped up by the elves in the living room...the partner also gets the benefit from it, so don't feel too bad it costs so much. He'll get a new leather fitted phone case and a new fragrance. The rest of my presents coming through from the family are from a selection of books and CDs on a wishlist. Keeps nasty surprises at bay 😂
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • Bee witchedBee witched Scottish BordersPosts: 876
    We won't be seeing any family this Christmas, but they should all shortly be receiving boxes of brownies we've ordered from a homeless charity we support. 

I've bought some LFC books and a save the pangolin t shirt for my OH, and he'll be getting me a few surprise gifts also ... so we'll each have something to unwrap on Christmas morning.

Bee x
    animated-christmas-smiley-image-0288
    Bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey