Forum home Plants

What's wrong with my oxalis triangularis?

I've had this large house plant for a couple of years and suddenly all the beautiful butterfly-like leaves have dried up and died. Did I overwater? Or under? It seems to be coming back a little now I'm ignoring it but I don't want to lose it. 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,570
    Is it in a window? Did it get frosted? Did you let it get dry? Have you a photo?

• Is it in a window? Did it get frosted? Did you let it get dry? Have you a photo?

By the door where it’s always been but indoors so not frosty. Maybe just hibernating?
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,829
    edited December 2020
    I don’t know about where you are, but here we’ve already had colder weather than we had in the whole of last winter.  They’re not happy below 10C so perhaps it’s feeling chilled. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• FireFire Posts: 18,927
    I would re-pot - to the top of the pot - with fresh compost. Feed it occasionally and add some new bulbs.  Put in warmer, light place and they should be happier. They do have more dormant periods in the year.

• Fire said:
    I would re-pot - to the top of the pot - with fresh compost. Feed it occasionally and add some new bulbs.  Put in warmer, light place and they should be happier. They do have more dormant periods in the year.

Thanks, I note this plant is outdoor, I wonder if it would survive there. It has been magnificent in previous years, hopefully just sleeping.