Forum home The potting shed

Frost coming soon....?

Ferdinand2000Ferdinand2000 Posts: 433
edited November 2020 in The potting shed
I've dodged frosts so far this year, and the fuschia is still covered in flowers.

This weekend though - ouch. 

Just poked my nose out and it seems to be about 1 degree C and feels humid. And the forecast says it will be nearly touching zero.

Brrr.

F
“Rivers know this ... we will get there in the end.”

• Already here in SW UK ;)
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,781
    We’ve had a few mornings of white frost but the nasturtiums are still flowering. 

I was just thinking, we haven’t had enough snow to go sledging since March 2013.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,502
    Didn't you get the "Beast from the East" in Feb/March 2018, @pansyface?  We definitely got enough snow in west Yorks for sledging:

Doubt if we'll see anything like that in western Ireland though...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,781
    No, strangely, it passed us by. We were looking forward to a whizz down the hill on our little plastic trays but we woz robbed.🙁
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,502
    Shame!
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,759
    Our pond was frozen this morning. Some snow forecast for next week, don’t think it will be enough to make a snowman. 
    Last time we made one was February 2019
    Not always warm in Devon and especially not here. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• edhelkaedhelka GwyneddPosts: 1,468
    The forecast for tonight here is 2C and it isn't windy so there could be some ground frost but probably won't. Our average first frost is in late December. Not only we have fuchsias, nemesias and pelargoniums still flowering but also lobelias which I think is rare, they are usually dead or almost dead by now.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 6,258
    We've had frosts for the last two nights which is slightly unusual for us in late November.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,935
    We have had the same & I went out a while ago I think we are heading for another tonight.
    AB Still learning

• BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 943
    I had some plants delivered this week, whilst I've been working away from home for the first time this year. Inevitably, having tiny plants sitting outside meant that we got our first frosts! :(

If they haven't coped maybe they weren't meant for my garden anyway ;)