Forum home Problem solving

Lupin Disease?

Hello everyone.
I received two very healthy plants from Sarah Raven last week. My first ever lupins. They have been sitting on my kitchen windowsill for a week. Today I checked and they are looking pretty grotty. Any ideas what I should do? Quick good search suggested anthracnose but no suggestion on how to cure it? 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,359
    Why are they on a windowsill?
    They need to be outside  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Hehe I know. But my cunning plan was to wait for everything to die back with the frost before deciding where to put them. The frost came last night (hallelujah) so can now cut back and plant them. But should I if they are diseased?
    They just look like they're dying back. They really should have been outside, not in a warm house.  They're hardy :)

• Thank you fairygirl :) I did wonder how on earth I managed to give them anthracnose when I’ve never had lupins before! Will plant out this weekend!
    I'd get them out during the day and in at night for a couple of nights since you've had them inside for a week. Unless it isn't cold where you are. 
    I wouldn't expect any lupins to look great at this time of year. I'm surprised they still have foliage, but as they come from an area much further south, that's perfectly possible. 

• WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 861
    @Fairygirl clearly it's a strange year as this is my big lupin still flowering in the tail end of November 
    Yes - I expect lots of plants are still flowering, or producing another flush of flowers @Wilderbeast, if they're established plants. 
    I gave up on lupins donkeys' years ago - just slug fodder here  :)

• WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 861
    Oh @Fairygirl someone has to feed the wildlife 🤣🤣
    Aye - well they can sod off somewhere else @Wilderbeast. They've had enough from me!  :D