Forum home Problem solving

Please can anyone identify these weeds. We have a lot of them... Thanks

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,492
    Is it possible to see photos of the whole plants please?

There are several plants with similar leaves. The size and the way the leaves are arranged on the plant will give us more clues. 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Is the one in the top photo some sort of doc leaf and the one in the lower photo a type of sow thistle?
  • Dock in No. 1 - will need digging out to ensure you remove the whole root.
    Can't think of the name for 2nd  - Hairy Bittercress  ?  a spreader and self seeder but easily pulled out.

You’ve also got some Creeping Buttercup in the second pic. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,514
    I don't think the rosette of leaves is hairy bittercress - could be shepherd's purse, perhaps?  Could be hard to identify definitively because a lot of these weeds are a bit variable...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,818
    edited November 2020
    Depends on the size.

Could be hedge mustard or field mustard?

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • The wiggly leaf is up to six or seven inches long.
    Think I'd go with one of the mustards ... that family anyway ... just pull them out before they seed ... likely to be biennial so pull them out now before they put up a flower spike and seed next year and at least you'll reduce the numbers.  

• Thanks, folks.