Forum home Plants

Mr Fothergills - plug plant supply

KiliKili Posts: 444
edited November 2020 in Plants
Hi everyone, hope your all well and safe in these bonkers times.

Just had an email from Mr Fothergills for these trailing geraniums which I fancy instead of my usual petunia hanging baskets for next summer.

Can I ask what experience anyone may have had ordering plug plants from Mr Fothergills, would you order plugs from them or just seed?.

Many Thanks
Kili

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• My bare root raspberries from them were excellent, but the only plugs I have bought from them, some artichokes, were less good. However, I think this was NOT their fault, as they were sent out during the first lockdown and spent goodness knows how long in transit. The size of the rotten and wizened remains suggested that they had started out as good plants, so I chose not to complain, as it seemed unfair.
  • KiliKili Posts: 444
    Thanks for sharing Buttercup  :)

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• gjautosgjautos BuckinghamshirePosts: 120
    I've had plugs from them and they were healthy enough. Just bear in mind most plugs ordered online tend to be small and need growing on.
  • KiliKili Posts: 444
    Yes I do know what a plug plant is and what you do with them,  but Thanks for the update gjautos good to know there okay to buy from.

Many Thanks

George Bernard Shaw'