Forum home Problem solving

Lemon Tree

Hi I’m new to gardening but have become a bit obsessed. I’m going to fleece my lemon tree do I leave it outside or put it in my workshop (restrictive light) or put it in my summerhouse. I also have king sago palms in pots do I do the same 

Thanks Glenn 

• Depends on your location and the size of your tree.
    For both plants, you are after avoiding freezing temps but still providing good light :)
  • I have also got a lemon tree (young but healthy).I also are new to gardening but hope to over winter mine outdoors I have no greenhouse so it will come in doors when winter temps get belllow-5. Will this be okay?
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,153
    I doubt it'll be happy being outdoors in sub zero temps for any length of time. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,237
    10C is the minimum temperature for citrus plants altho I believe the Meyer lemon is a bit hardier than that and can cope with less for a couple of nights.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/grow-your-own/fruit/citrus 
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,615
    I have posted this several times recently,  lots of people asking the same question.  I keep mine out but cover with a homemade lean to mini greenhouse,  glazed with twin wall polycarbonate.  It backs on to a south facing brick wall which will help keep the temperature up if there is any Sun. Obviously I close the lid at night. 

AB Still learning