Forum home Problem solving

Leaf vaccum

Hi Garden lovers... it is my dads birthday and I want to make his gardening life easier, our garden has many trees so lots of leaves are falling, evidently it's a mundane task to manually collect them all can anyone recommend a good leaf vacuum that they have tried and tested, the garden area is fairly large so it's not a small job. Thankyou so much guys. 

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 6,110
    I have a Bosch leaf blower/vac which I bought to hoover leaves off my gravel drive.
    It sucks the leaves up but not the heavier gravel. Then it crunches the leaves up and they go into the collection bag.
    I don't have a gravel drive any longer, so I don't use it.
    But it worked well.
    I bought it over 20 years ago, so doubt that model is still available, but I generally find Bosch is a good quality product.

Have a look here for some ideas -
    http://www.fredshed.co.uk/leafcollectingtools.htm
    I've never been disappointed with anything I've bought that Fred has recommended.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • ColinAColinA Posts: 263
    I have owned owned a Flymo garden vac for about 20 years it is only used twice a year or so and has proved very reliable. I only have a small garden with a few trees.
    Bear in mind if the garden is large enough to warrant an extension lead then less power gets to the motor and can cause premature failure due to burning out so it may be worth buying a petrol model, Stihl make very good blowvacs.