Forum home Plants

Please help me identify these plants

Hi all,

Am hoping to get some help identifying the attached plants in our garden (all the ones with flowers in the foreground).  Many thanks,
Sarah

• First one is a lantana, probably variety little lucky red https://www.gardenia.net/plant/lantana-little-lucky-red  it's not hardy in most parts of the UK and usually grown as an annual. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • Is the second one a pink lisianthus? It's my best guess but probably not a very good one.
  • Is the second one a pink lisianthus? It's my best guess but probably not a very good one.

Thank you for responding Rachel, it is certainly similar but the leaves are different and the flower on my plant are more bell like.  The shrub itself it waist high and a prolific grower.  The flowers are really delicate and not densely petaled.
  • First one is a lantana, probably variety little lucky red https://www.gardenia.net/plant/lantana-little-lucky-red  it's not hardy in most parts of the UK and usually grown as an annual. 
    Thank you George, that is the one.  Now I know it is toxic too!
  • Hopefully nobody will try to eat it. Do like them 😉
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • JennyJJennyJ Posts: 10,458
    Could the 4th pic (with the pale pink flowers) be a cistus or helianthemum with the flowers not fully open? A close-up of the inside of a flower would help, but I guess it's finished for the year now.
    Doncaster, South Yorkshire. Soil type: sandy, well-drained
  • JennyJ said:
    Could the 4th pic (with the pale pink flowers) be a cistus or helianthemum with the flowers not fully open? A close-up of the inside of a flower would help, but I guess it's finished for the year now.
    Hi Jenny, thank you for responding. Yes the flowers have all gone now. But the photo shows them fully open, they remain in that bell like shape. They are very delicate and beautiful, just no idea what they are :smile:
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,700
    Without seeing the leaves well on the final photo, it’s difficult to know its shape and habit. Take a look at Musk Mallow, Malva Moschata.
  • Thanks Borderline, not a Musk Mallow either I don’t think. Hopefully this photo shows the leaves a little better.
  • Are you in the UK? Not a familiar plant to me. Only thing I can think of is a tender hibiscus as I've seen fine-leaved purple selections in the UK.