Forum home Fruit & veg

Tomato Ringspot Virus

Hello!  Can anyone help me?  I had tomato ringspot virus this year.  It not only destroyed all my toms but my raspberries as well.  I believe the virus is spread by the digger nematode.  I've pulled the toms out (end of year) and apart from cutting my raspberry vines to the ground, should I pull them up?  Is there anything I can treat the soil with?  Any suggestions?  I have a peach tree within a meter of the toms, will it likely be infected as well?  Thank you.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,432
    Hi @janetstears and welcome to the forum  :)

We are a largely UK based forum and as the Ringspot Virus does not occur here it’s going to be difficult for us to advise you. 

I believe @Blue Onion is in the US so when they come along they may have some information that will help. 

In the meantime I’ve found this information online https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/tomato/tomato-ringspot-virus.htm 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,492
    Welcome to the forum!  Unfortunately (but fortunately) I have never had to deal with it.  Sounds like it's best to pull up the raspberries, and remove any vegetation near to the area.  Dig over the area, and in the spring plant resistant varieties (or an entirely different species they or the virus doesn't like).  Good luck.  
    Utah, USA.