Forum home The potting shed

Usernames - Random suffixes

These random usernames for new users really gets up my nose - this is the only forum Ive ever seen with them since the web began.

Why, why, why!?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,510
    They can be changed, but if folk are only joining in order to get one query answered, why would they bother?  Sounds like you should be in Curmudgeon's Corner today @JoeX ;)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 2,507
    edited November 2020
    Loving the fact your post was followed by a post with username jon8jackXaaIVl-q in the discussions list😁
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 6,462
    Surely the people who administer the site should have noticed by now and passed the problem on to the techies to fix.
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,278
    I wonder, in the scheme of things, how important that fix would be? I am reminded of a very old TV series starring Patrick McGoohan whenever I see names like yours @K67 and @KT53  :D 
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,632
    If the poster cares they can surely edit their own user name.  Don't see why it should bother anyone else.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    @herbaceous 😊
    I too remember The Prisoner " I am a name not a number!"
    In my case K is my name although with a few more letters after it!
    edited November 2020
    Just a coincidence then that 1967 was the year of The Prisoner then @K67 ?   ;) 
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
    Really? Didn't know that. 67 is my house number and my age when we moved here. Shame they both can't stay the same, 😁 @herbaceous
    Only if your house number is 27 apparently, on this forum at least! Wouldn't that be great @K67 ?
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 9,679
    "I am not a number, l'm a free man" Bonkers. Loved it, couldn't make head or tail of it. Portmeirion is a lovely place though.

Be seeing you 🙂.