Forum home Problem solving

Discount on GW mag subscription?

Hi all,

A bit random but I'd like to continue my mum's GW mag subscription for Christmas. I previously got 5 issues for £5 and then 6 for £10. Does anyone know if there are likely to be any deals nearer to Christmas? I don't subscribe to any magazines myself so I'm not sure how it works, hoping someone here knows. Thank you! 

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,780
    If you use Tesco you can get it on vouchers, doesn’t cost anything. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,780
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 954
    Thanks @Lyn

That info has just resulted in buying myself a little pressie ;)
  • JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,368
    Lyn said:
    If you use Tesco you can get it on vouchers, doesn’t cost anything. 
    Thanks @Lyn

Ive just subscribed for the first time 🙂
    £20 of Tesco vouchers = 12 months subscription. Whatever you consider the full value to be, it's a good deal. All seemed relatively painless and now waiting on the first magazine to be delivered around 19th Nov.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,514
    It might take a bit longer than that for the system to kick in @Biglad. I seem to remember it took about 6 weeks back when my subscription started. 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Although the confirmation e-mail said that my subscription starts with the Dec 2020 issue (available from 19th Nov), I suppose it didn't say exactly when I will get it, d-fab :o
    Maybe they have a new system in place @Biglad ... it was a very long time ago ... 🤫
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

8 years ago when you were a teenager? ;)

Fingers crossed that they've got speedier, d-fab.
    Yup ... you’ve got it @Biglad 🧍🏼‍♀️