Forum home The potting shed

Will you be having a Christmas Tree this year??

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,514
    Undecided.
    You and your Lovely Hub are earning halos 😇 😇 dear @WonkyWomble ... whatever and whoever, I hope you have a lovely Christmas 🎄 😘 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• TackTack Central South UKPosts: 340
    Nanny Beach, that's what we've done for the last few years but Greg's time has come. It was always destined to get one final hurrah as a cut tree. Don't divert me from my course I feel a bit sad about it already!
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 2,937
    Yes, of course!
    My trees are now up and decorated. I know it’s far too early but after the stress and distress of 2020 I want to do something festive that I am allowed to do. Usually I would be shopping and writing cards and going out for meals and to other festive events and that’s all on hold so my decorations are up, I have control over that aspect of my life at least and it feels good. 
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,878
    Undecided.
    My sister has bought a garden maypole bean support thingy to decorate with lights in the front garden. She will have a tree indoors too because she has a little person. I wonder if the children will ponder how the lockdown rules will apply to Santa?? Maybe they will leave alcohol hand gel on the plate with the carrot and mince pie?? Is present delivering essential travel?? Will he have to quarantine afterwards?? Maybe he will have to ring the doorbell and take a picture of the delivery, like the couriers do?? So many questions... 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 2,050
    Yes, of course!
    And do you have to pay £7.99 a month to get Santa Prime?
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,865
    Yes, of course!
    In Belgium, St Nicholas/Sinta Claes brings the annual presents on December 6th.  The government has given him an exemption so he can do his job - https://www.dw.com/en/belgium-saint-nicholas-exempt-from-coronavirus-constraints/a-55582944 

I expect the UK govt could do the same for Santa Claus/Father Christmas.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,176
    Yes, of course!
    @AuntyRach, l watched this Q and A with Santa on the BBC website. Alas, no mince pies for Santa,  but still the reindeer can have their carrots. 
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-54994585
    I have to say l was somewhat mesmerised by his eyebrows. 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 7,402
    No. I don’t anyway.
    We have a Santa visiting our streets in December, organised by local group. They said that if the children can't go to Santa, the Santa would go to the children. It will be interesting to see how it goes. Loads of lights and snowmen and reindeer are up in our street now. It feels odd to see so up much so early.

I'm a bit worried how January will hit people who are already feeling low. I love January as the start of all things new. If people don't like winter, I would encourage people not to write off a quarter of their life.
    Undecided.
    I loved that @AnniD.

Undecided.
    Here is my nod to Christmas at home, without a tree.

All greenery from my garden - mixed conifers, mixed holly and virburnum.