Forum home The potting shed

Will you be having a Christmas Tree this year??

• The villages around about were worried as it was creating traffic jams and so were the police!it's a popular place but not normally that busy
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 954
    Stockpiling? :(
  • sarinkasarinka BedsPosts: 261
    Yes, of course!
    We have an artificial tree and it's been up for two weeks.

Christmas is special and I always put one up even when I was living alone
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,532
    Undecided.
    Our neighbours to the rear have a 6’ white tree m, with lights,  up and lit 365 days of the year. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,830
    No. I don’t anyway.
    Dear god.  Is it beyond them to work out how to unplug it and take it down? 
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 1,697
    Yes, of course!
    Some folks like the pretty lights, cheers them up. It doesn’t do for everyone to be the same. A house at the back of us have fairy lights adorning their conservatory windows all year round and they look nice on a dark night.
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 869
    Yes, of course!
    Of a tree, in fact in our house we have 6 !!! 1 each in the kids bedrooms, living room, kids playroom (known local as the dump), kitchen dinner, front garden and back garden. Sorry that's 7 🤣🤣. My wife is totally obsessed with Christmas decorations and trees, she loves to help her friends with there deccys bit can't see that happening this year. @Blue Onion  I am so envious of all this globe trotting, I did spend a Christmas in Australia and the next in New Zealand seemed to me new year was more the big deal there 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 7,403
    No. I don’t anyway.
    Our neighbours to the rear have a 6’ white tree m, with lights,  up and lit 365 days of the year. 

They have a white plastic Christmas tree up all year with lights? Holy hell.
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 2,055
    Yes, of course!
    There are two of us. We shall have a fully decorated tree in the sitting room, a smaller decorated tree in the main bedroom, a simple lit tree with minimal decorations in the porch, a decorated branch above the sitting room fireplace, garlands on the beam and dresser in the dining room, and lights outside on the front steps and covering an olive tree in the back garden.

Though by most people’s standards this is way over the top, it is unified by a single lighting colour of soft white and the decorations mostly echo this as well. We do like decorating our cottage for Christmas. 
  • Over the years we've run from the small, but real, tree before we had children (9 years) to artificial - small on the furniture away from toddlers to the tree that we have now which goes floor-to-ceiling. Now much as I love a big decorated tree with all it's lights and hand-made sentimental items etc it's balanced by spending an evening with my OH getting out and putting each branch in separately ( and what fun we had, the year we missed a level and had to do the whole thing again). Then we waited for the granddaughters to decorate and I rebalanced them the next day. So this year it's a NO but that's not to say I won't decorate elsewhere including lights round the porch.