Forum home Plants

Monty and his Magnificent team

May I take this opportunity to thank Monty and his team for their magnficent efforts this summer, despite every possible handicap. I remember one occasion when Monty did  virtually the whole programme from his own garden at Longmeadow. Black marks go only to BBC's appalling management, who have done their best to stop me watching you, not being currently resident in UK.
I am dying to know here M has been on the few occasions he has been missing.

• FireFire LondonPosts: 8,278
    " BBC's appalling management"?

Because you had problems in Brazil?
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 67,456
    edited November 2020
    ..... I am dying to know here M has been on the few occasions he has been missing.
    That’s really no one’s business but his is it?  Do you have to account to others for your movements when you’re not at work?  Everyone’s entitled to a private life. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Yes everyone is entitled to private life, let's hope no other programs are being made while presenter should give 100% of there show. 
    🤷‍♀️ what do you mean @Jason milly?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• If monty was making another program during gardeners world then all his heart would not be in it, not saying he was? 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,520
    You do realise lots of people present more than one programme on TV?
    Some very strange comments here!  :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

If monty was making another program during gardeners world then all his heart would not be in it, not saying he was? 
    That’s not how programme making works. Monty Don is a presenter doing a job ... GW is not ‘his life’s work’.  He appears on several programmes ... he was on R4 on a wildlife slot just the other morning. 

• BijdezeeBijdezee BPosts: 1,384
    edited November 2020
    I watch it just fine here in Belgium but that's because our TV provider pays bbc for bbc1 and 2. We pay them, they pay the bbc, bit like the TV licence one step removed  :) no I player though  :(

Try you tube, I've seen that there are the latest full episodes on there. 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 24,318
    GW is not the Monty Don show thank goodness so we get several presenters with different experience and interests who broaden the range of the show beyond the main presenter's garden.   Longmeadow is not Monty's only property and garden either but it's the only one from which he films pieces for GW and I suspect this year has been glad to get away and just garden and follow other interests without the added onus of filming himself. 

As for BBC being available elsewhere, there are international trade agreements and rules about broadcasting and streaming and these are not decided by the actual broadcasting companies.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 1,800
    Obelixx said:
    As for BBC being available elsewhere, there are international trade agreements and rules about broadcasting and streaming and these are not decided by the actual broadcasting companies.
    And I bet BBC Worldwide (the commercial arm) would love to sell it to anyone that'd want it. But of course the advice given on it is not applicable to totally different climates. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow