Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🍄🍄 November ‘20

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,630
edited 1 November in The potting shed
November is here ... another month in a very strange year ... so here’s a place to chat, drink coffee ☕️  even share a glass of wine 🍷 at the end of the day ... a place to laugh, cry, roll our eyes and hold each others’ hands while we all face the unknown together ... say hello to each other and chatter on about the important little things ... 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pat EPat E Posts: 9,269
    Thanks Dove. Looking forward to keeping up with everyone. 😁
    S. E. NSW
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,630
    Hello @Pat E 😊 ... for some reason I’m wide awake ... I’ve made myself a mug of coffee - decaf, but I’ve a feeling I won’t get back to sleep now ... the street lights have just come on so morning will soon be here ... even if it is Sunday...
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

And now the full moon is shining through the blinds at us ... it’s a Blue Moon ... apparently ... all together now ... “Blue Moon 🎶 you saw me standing alone ...”

• BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 800
    Morning all,

I'm afraid I can't join your rendition, d-fab. My footballing allegiances lie elsewhere. I've been asleep in the armchair again so will probably go to bed properly shortly :o
    edited 1 November
    Ah wasn’t thinking of Man City @Biglad ... it’s a song an old pal and I used to sing when we all went back to his place for a brandy coffee after a Friday night at the Low House ... he was a big lad too. 

Sleep tight 😴 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,156
    Morning all/afties @Pat E. November already. Yikes. 
    I'll echo your post re @chicky. It upset me quite a bit, and I just hope I didn't say something to cause it.  :'(
    I sleep better on the settee, and eventually go to bed. Hope you two got some more sleep. Wind and rain battering was as bad as the night before though, so I haven't slept very well. Should have stayed on the settee!  :D
    It's supposed to clear up  a bit today, so I may not get so wet when I'm out. The squirrel is hanging upside down from the peanut feeder. He's a happy chap. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

Good morning again ... I did go back to sleep and the coffeemaker has just woken me before going out for a quick spin around the village on his bike. 
    I too was quite upset by @chicky’s post ... I had hoped that as friends we could all talk about how we are and at least some of the difficulties we might be struggling with 😢 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,156
    Glad you got back to sleep @Dovefromabove . I manged a few hours after I went to bed  ;)
    I forgot to mention @Lizzie27's post too as I skimmed the other thread a bit. Glad you got your daughter back safely.
    I'm constantly checking for leaks in this house as I've had so many problems for varying reasons. I've always felt water does more damage than anything. Fire is devastating, but usually takes everything away. Water leaves it there for you to see it, day after day, which is miserable.  :/
    There's been a lot of flooding and damage up here, but we're at least not getting quite so much here  today as further north. Just normal gale force wind and more rain later  :D
    There seems to be debate about this new lockdown in England being leaked. I wonder if that was deliberate, or am I just cynical? People need a bit of time to make necessary arrangements though. I feel we had that here, which is fairer. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, FrancePosts: 2,534
    Morning all,

Glad to say the weather is being kind to us at the moment, makes life a bit more bearable. Managed to do a lot in the garden yesterday, much needed and looks so much better even just by clearing the leaves. 

I put a flyer out yesterday too about CdeG baking Christmas Cakes, Puddings, mince pies and chocolate logs to order with collection in December. We have a had a huge response with lots of orders coming in (and cheques in the post). All good news, every little helps. 

Regards @Chicky I think we are all feeling very stressed and therefore sensitive at the moment with so much going on in our lives and the nature of this medium (text based, ad hoc posts) can easily misconstrue opinions/intentions. I am sure no-one intended any offense but her comments are a reminder that a little consideration is needed before commenting on certain things. I so often remember my lecturer at uni (I studied literature) drilling us about always asking why and who? Why did they write that, why did they include or exclude that, who was the audience they were writing to? This is a fun and friendly forum as @Dovefromabove says, a place to chat and enjoy chatter, share life's experiences, certainly upsetting people either intentionally or otherwise should be avoided with just a little bit of sensitivity to the situation/circumstances of others. 

Now where did I put that cook book I had thought I wouldn't be needing for a month or so? 

Good day all and hugs to those (most of us at the moment) that need them. 

Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors. – Mary Cantwell
    Having seen friends’ homes damaged by both flood and fire ... I still dread fire the most ... the damage done to a thatched cottage by a spark from a chimney had to be seen to be believed. 😱.