Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

The Good Life board game

Has anyone purchased this game - played?  Is it suitable for adults or is it focused on children.  I was thinking of purchasing a game for Christmas for two people to play.  Any thoughts or experience of the game would be interesting to read. Thank you.

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,570
    Had a look at it but have to admit l've never played it. I see it says from age 7 upwards , but it looks like fun. Let's be honest, we're all kids at heart and heaven knows we could all do with some fun this year. 
    https://www.thegoodlifegame.co.uk/
  • Yes games are fun and we like to set an hour or two aside each day for such games, usually word or card orientated.  The name certainly brought back some happy memories of the t.v. show of the same name. Those programmes were priceless and we certainly had more to laugh about back then - The Good Life, Faulty Towers, Two Ronnies, Morecombe and Wise, Only Fools - oh what has happened to society when all there seem to want are soap operas and Strictly....?
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117
    I saw your thread title and smiled @Guernsey Donkey2. I've been watching episodes of The Good Life recently as they're on one of the satellite channels. One of the best comedies ever, and a wonderful set of actors in it. Just heavenly entertainment  :)

@pansyface - exactly - that episode where he wafts the curry around when she's gone out. Priceless.  :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,570
    edited November 2020
    "Margot, your Christmas comes in a van ?"
    A woman ahead of her time 😁.
    The Christmas special is a staple in this house. I look forward to it every year 😊🎄🎅
    Edited to add sorry @Guernsey Donkey2 , it's not really answering your question is it ?
  • BigladBiglad Posts: 3,265
    Sorry - adding no value, but also a fan of the TV show. I suspect that the large veg bed growing potatoes, green beans, etc. in our family home was heavily influenced by it ;)

Unfortunately, my existence put paid to the good life as that area eventually got covered in tarmac to become my football/cricket pitch :o
    East Lancs
  • BenCottoBenCotto Posts: 4,712
    Most reviewers on Amazon like this board game

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Life-Board-Game-Suitable/dp/B07X8YH3KD
    Rutland, England